Erle Stanley Gardner Middle School
45125 Via Del Coronado
Temecula, California 92592
Kristin Larson, Principal
SCHOOL BEHAVIOR CODE
All students are expected to show courtesy, respect and responsibility at all times.
Student courtesy is exemplified by well-mannered and gracious conduct. Students should show a positive, sincere consideration for others at all times.
GMS students respect themselves, their peers, and adults. They avoid intruding upon or interfering with the productive business of others and exhibit high regard for personal and school property. Students will use respectful and courteous language and actions at all times.
Students must take responsibility for their actions and are held accountable for their conduct. Peers, staff and parents can depend on our students. Students who persist in demonstrating discourteous, disrespectful, or irresponsible behavior are poor models of acceptable conduct and will be removed from the learning environment until ready to assume non-disruptive participation. The frequency, intensity, and duration of inappropriate behavior is considered when assigning disciplinary consequences.
TVUSD does not tolerate: sexual harassment, hate crimes, or discrimination on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ethnic group, marital or parental status, or physical or mental disability. We are committed to a school environment where staff and students may flourish in a climate of acceptance, free from actions, statements or activities which degrade the unique qualities of every individual. If you feel you have been harassed, tell a teacher, a counselor, or an administrator (Board Policies 4119.11, 0410, and 13123 are on file in every administrative office within the District).
The manner in which students dress for school influences personal behavior and learning, as well as others. Violations of dress standards can result in a warning, removal of the item for the remainder of the day, parent phone call, or suspension for willful defiance of authority. The following dress code is enforced at all times:
The following are not allowed:
- Shorts and skirts shorter than mid-thigh
- See-through or fish-net fabrics, halter tops, open back, tank, off –the-shoulder, low-cut, bare midriffs, or thin straps (tops must be from neckline to edge of shoulder)
- Clothing more than one size too large (pants should be worn at natural waist line – no sagging)
- Exposed undergarments
- Spiked projections of any kind (jewelry, belts, hair, backpacks, etc.)
- Clothing with writing, pictures, etc. that are crude, vulgar, profane, sexually suggestive, drug, alcohol, gang or violence related
- Clothing advocating racial, ethnic, or religious prejudice
- Belts and other items that are worn loosely
- Hats (except PE), beanies
- Scarves, bandannas, sweatbands or hairnets
- Shoes without back straps (no homemade back straps)
- Chains of any kind or any size (including ones attached to wallets)
- Tattoos (fake or real)
- Gothic-style make-up and clothing
- Facial adornment caused by piercing and body piercing (including tongue piercing) is not allowed
- Hair that has been dyed an unnatural color or large spikes (hair should not detract from the learning environment) and
- Any articles that detract from the learning environment